Founded in 1897, Brae Burn Country Club’s storied past and its integral role in advancing the sport of golf in the United States has made the club one of the most prestigious private country clubs in the Northeast. Located in West Newton, the club has provided golf enthusiasts and families a quality experience steeped in tradition, natural beauty and personalized service for generations.
These same qualities also make Brae Burn Country Club an ideal venue for golf outings. Brae Burn has hosted golf outings for some of the most prominent corporate and non-profit organizations in Massachusetts, year after year.
Our Championship Course is a unique, memorable test that has hosted many world-class events since its inception in 1897, including many U.S.G.A championships. The 1919 US Open was won by Walter Hagen. The 1928 Amateur Championship was won by Bobby Jones. Three Women’s Amateur Championships were hosted at Brae Burn; 1906, won by Harriott Curtis; 1975, won by Beth Daniel; and most recently, Silvia Cavelleri in 1997.
Located on 190 acres of beautifully manicured turfgrass, trees, streams and natural areas, Brae Burn is conveniently located five minutes from the Massachusetts Turnpike via Interstate 95/Route 128 South. The Woodland and Waban MBTA stop is located 1 mile from the club.
Our professional management team will consult with you and your golfing outing committee to tailor a program to meet your organizational objectives and provide an exceptional experience for your guests.
Choose from the following amenities:
18-hole, 6,192-yard Championship Course (blue markers)
- 9-hole, 2,440 -yard Highlands Course (blue markers)
- Convenient golf bag drop off area and bag service
- Dedicated registration area adjacent to drop-off area
- Large practice facilities; range, chipping areas and large practice green
- Titleist range balls and tees
- Golf carts with player names and hole assignment
- Course books
- Tournament scorecards, scoreboard and PGA staff scoring
- Prizes, gifts and shop credit available - with customization services
- 230-space parking lot adjacent to clubhouse and drop-off area
- 50,000-SF clubhouse including locker rooms and Grille Room
- 5,250-SF ballroom for dinner, auctions, raffles, prizes, award ceremony
- 2,000-SF mahogany deck and veranda with western views of Championship Course
- Extensive menu options for breakfast, lunch, receptions, dinner, beverages
Our golf outing calendar is often filled one year or more in advance. If you are interested in learning more about how Brae Burn Country Club can support your organization's entertainment or fund raising objectives, please contact Deirdre Duddy-Kennedy at [email protected] or 857-226-5724.